- parson participates in developing the content delivery standard iiRDS. At the annual conference in October 2017, tekom opens the Request for Comments.
- Operating instructions for Böhringer Ingelheim
- Technical writing training for engineers at evodion IT in Hamburg
Open Source Project Learning DITA
- Our e-learning platform DITA lernen opens for sponsors.
- Empolis and oXygen become Bronze sponsors.
- Kilgray provides free licenses for its translation tool MemoQ and becomes system sponsor.
Talks and Conferences
- parson gives five presentations at tekom annual conference in Stuttgart.
- We present talks at four tekom regional groups, at tecom Switzerland and Tekom Austria on iiRDS and visualization in technical documentation.
- Ulrike Parson gives keynote speech at tcworld in China.
- Marion Knebel and Mark Schubert present a talk at DITA Europe: "Expanding the metadata concept – iiRDS and DITA".
- parson recertifies according to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
- Our volunteer program is successful. In November 2017, Tina Meißner completes her technical writing training at tecteam. In October, Lucie Le Naour starts the two-year training program at tecteam.
- Two more technical communicators join our team.
- We launch the e-learning plattform DITA lernen.
- We celebrate our ten-year anniversary.
- DOCUFY and parson become partners.
- parson actively participates in the tekom project group "Information 4.0".
- parson presents several talks and workshops at the tekom spring conference and tcworld conference.
- parson becomes member of DIN.
- Our Hamburg family award gets renewed by another two years.
- Easybrowse and parson become partners.
- parson gets ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certified.
- Hamburger Hochbahn asks parson to create documentation and training material.
- parson extends its partner network and wins four new partners: intelligent views, Pantopix, Schema, and Syncro Soft (oXygen).
- parson and Prof Dr Britta Görs (V-Prof) establish the Hamburg Training Program "Professional Technical Documentation" as permanent training series.
- parson's documentation team now consists of 14 technical writers.
- OASIS publishes parson's Statement of Use for DITA 1.3.
- GDV DL and parson jointly develop open-source project for DITA.
- parson participates in the tekom project group Software-Normung (software standardization).
- parson receives Hamburg family award.
- New parson branch office in Leipzig.
- parson and Prof Dr Britta Görs (V-Prof) found the Hamburg Training Program "Professional Technical Documentation".
- parson communication becomes parson AG and is now operating as a German joint stock company.
- New parson branch office in Berlin.
- Launch of new website www.parson-europe.com.
- parson communication adds knowledge management to its portfolio.
- New headquarters in Hamburg Bergedorf.
- parson communication becomes co-organizer of the annual DokuNord conference "Doku+Medien Forum".
- parson communication becomes member of DokuNord, the network of documentation companies in Northern Germany.
- parson communication now also develops applications for XML-based documentation.
- Ulrike Parson founds parson communication, a company that specializes in technical documentation