Write and publish your documentation easily with DITA
The service package parson Authoring includes a selection of the most commonly used DITA structures for technical documentation. This means that you can work with a considerably smaller pool of DITA structures. No need for lengthy workshops to define a customized information architecture. Instead, your technical authors can start writing immediately.
From the XML content, you can generate a PDF publication with basic customization to fit your corporate design.
Version: parson Authoring 1.0
Delivery format: You get the following plug-ins:
- A DITA-OT plug-in for a leaner DITA information architecture for all operating systems
- A DITA-OT plug-in for creating PDF output from DITA files for all operating systems (parson PDF)
DITA version: DITA 1.3
DITA OT version: DITA Open Toolkit 2.5.4 or DITA Open Toolkit 3.4.x
Customization of the DITA standard: In addition to the established grammar DTD, we support the normative grammar RELAX NG.
Benefits of parson Authoring
- Get a quick start with XML-based documentation in a standard format
- Requires little training for your technical authors
- Full DITA compatibility and leaner XML, so you are independent of processing systems and can implement a content management system later
- No costs for complex adjustments of the extensive DITA structures to your company requirements
- Eliminate the time and effort involved in a content management system, but still provide full support for reuse, variant management, and cross-media publishing
- Because parson Authoring includes the parson PDF edition, you also benefit from all the advantages of parson PDF: Fixed initial expense for basic adjustments of the PDF publication to your company layout
16-hour support package, which can be used, for example:
- We help you use the parson Authoring structures
- According to your specifications, we make basic customizations of the PDF publication according to your specifications. Examples: Insert the company logo, adjust fonts according to your corporate design, adjust header and footer contents of the created document