Objectives and Results
Korsch wanted to introduce a content management system (CMS) for creating technical documentation. The CMS had to meet certain requirements. Among other things, an electronic spare parts catalogue and a terminology management system should be integrated.
We realized the project with our partner ICMS. As CMS, Korsch selected Schema ST4.
The project included two phases.
During phase 1, we collected and tested the requirements for the CMS and developed a modularization concept for existing content.
Our services in phase 1:
- Analyze existing documentation
- Create a feasibility study
- Requirement workshops for selecting the CMS
- Develop a modularization concept for existing documentation
- Assist the Korsch technical writing team with modularization
After completing phase 1, Korsch wanted to migrate the contents of two operating manuals for a tableting machine to Schema ST4. parson extended the classification concept and migrated the existing content from one of the manuals to Schema ST4.
Our services in phase 2:
- Consult Korsch about extending the classification concept
- Migrate the contents of one operating manual to Schema ST4
- Microsoft Word
- Schema ST4
First, the two operating manuals for the tableting machine were migrated to the CMS.
We classified the content of the operating manuals with the help of the PI classification and, based on the classification, developed a taxonomy for the CMS.
A glimpse into the result.