We explain technology in simple terms. As an intermediary between technicians and users, we create operating instructions, help texts, mobile documentation, video tutorials and much more. With a clear goal: to develop digital usage information that is oriented very closely to the user.
Our services range from technical documentation, through agile project management, to consulting and developing modern documentation technologies and knowledge portals. In order to create customized, innovative solutions, our approach is interdisciplinary and we combine methods from the field of technical communication with knowledge management, visualization, process management and agile software development.
parson was founded in 2006 and today serves customers all over the world. Our team consists of 21 employees, including 18 technical writers. We are happy to pass on our knowledge and are involved in research and teaching as well as in the training of technical writers. We are convinced that a good work-life balance is essential to enjoying work and to being successful. And this is why we attach great importance to our employees being able to reconcile family and work.
Your reliable partner thanks to certified quality.
The ISO 9001 standard is the most widely used and most important standard in quality management. With the ISO 9001:2015 certification, we can prove to you that our services meet the high requirements of a process-oriented quality management system.
Additionally, protecting customer and product information is important in the age of digital information. Information systems not only have to work reliably in everyday business, they also need to be protected against external disruptions and risks.
This is why we were one of the first companies in the field of technical communication to be certified according to the standard 27001:2013. The ISO 27001 standard is the international standard for the use of effective information security management. We guarantee that we handle your data with the utmost care.
In order to provide you with a comprehensive service for technical communication, documentation technology and training at the highest level, we have strong partners who are specialists in their respective fields and who share our quality standards.
To further develop technical documentation and make it better together, we have become members of associations and networks of small – and medium-sized companies (SMEs) and technical communication
Association for Standardization of Automation and Measuring Systems
Bundesverband Mittelständische Wirtschaft (or Federal Association of small- and medium-sized businesses), Network for German SMEs
The German Institute for Standardization, an independent platform for norms and standardization
A think tank and leading network for the new working world and modern business management
Software Allianz Hamburg (or the Hamburg Software Alliance), representing the Hamburg IT system development SMEs
The Professional Association for Technical Communication and Information Development
Netzwerk Erfolgsfaktor Familie
A platform for companies in Germany that are interested in family-friendly personnel policy
- We move into a new company building.
- At LearningDITA Live 2019 we offer four presentations in German.
- We give several presentations at the tekom spring conference and annual tcworld conference. Our topics: software documentation, topic-oriented writing, iiRDS, and chatbots.
- With plusmeta, gds, and IXIASOFT, we extend our partner network in the field of content management and artificial intelligence for documentation.
- We become a founding member of the iiRDS Consortium.
- We enrich our DITA lernen e-learning platform with two new courses; a total of eight courses are now available here.
- parson joins intrinsify, the think tank and leading network for the new working world and modern business management.
- iiRDS takes technical documentation to the next level: we actively participate in shaping the new content delivery standard under the patronage of tekom.
- Our DITA lernen e-learning platform acquires three sponsors: Empolis, oXygen and Kilgray.
- Ulrike Parson holds the opening lecture at tcworld in China on the topic of Intelligent Information in Technical Documentation.
- Our new DITA lernen e-learning platform is launched, whereby we offer free courses for learning DITA.
- Working together instead of just processing: parson introduces a sociocratic business model.
- We celebrate our 10thanniversary with a garden party.
- Information 4.0 is moving the industry. We are actively involved in the “Information 4.0” tekom working group.
- We become a member of DIN, the German Institute for Standardization, and are certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
- A year of amazing growth: the team now has 14 technical writers.
- Software standardization for more quality. We are actively involved in the tekom “Software Standardization” project group.
- Qualified training is important to us: this is why our first volunteers, who are training as technical writers at tecteam, begin working with us.
- We are one of the first German companies to use the brand new DITA Standard 1.3.
- We are awarded the Hamburger Familiensiegel – due to the excellent compatibility of work and family.
- parson communication becomes parson AG. With the transformation into an AG (or stock company), we are ideally prepared for further healthy growth.
- We open an office in Berlin.
- With our growth in mind, we move into a new company building..
- We are expanding our portfolio with XML-based documentation applications.
- Ulrike Parson founds parson communication, a specialized service company for software documentation in Hamburg.