Objectives and results
To demonstrate the practical application of iiRDS, the international standard for intelligent information request and delivery, tcworld GmbH wanted to develop a demonstrator (proof of concept) for an iiRDS-based chatbot. Project partner was the industrial company Endress+Hauser, which provided the technical documentation as the basis for intelligent information. The chatbot was named iiBot.
First, parson organized a workshop with all project partners to define the requirements. During the project, parson provided technical consulting services for the architecture and iiRDS implementation and took care of the agile project management. Further project partners were ICMS, plusmeta, BOTfriends and scitis.io.
The iiBot demonstrates two realistic use cases for a product: (1) answering questions during installation and (2) troubleshooting assistance for a flow meter of Endress+Hauser. Service technicians start the conversation with the chatbot by scanning the device's nameplate and then get the information matching that device.
We successfully implemented the demonstrator with only four sprints of two weeks each. tcworld and Endress+Hauser were able to show the iiBot as planned at the tcworld conference 2019.
Find further information on the project here: The iiBot gives instructions
Our services in detail:
Consulting, requirements engineering, and quality management
- Organization and moderation of the requirements definition workshops
- Requirements engineering during development
- Consulting services on iiRDS and its implementation
- Developing the user guidance in the chatbot
- Together with ICMS: Consulting services for preparing the documentation content for modular delivery and enriching it with metadata for content delivery as well as developing technical concepts for the iiRDS implementation
Agile project management
- Hosting agile development meetings, including sprint plannings and sprint demos
- Testing sprint results against requirements
- Organizing coordination meetings
- Project documentation and project organization
JIRA by Atlassian for the agile project management