Objectives and goals
POSSEHL Identification Solutions (PID) needs state-of-the-art software documentation for manage.ID, which is an industrial software solution for connecting corporate systems (e.g. ERP, MES) and the identification/labeling machinery. PID wants to present manage.ID at the Interpack Tradeshow in May 2023 including executable documentation.
Within a period of roughly three months, parson created software documentation in DITA-XML including simplified graphics (SUI) to illustrate the user interface. We also configured the Oxygen framework and the DITA document structure. PID now can present manage.ID with an executable version of the documentation at the Interpack Tradeshow.
Our services in detail
Prior to the documentation project, we organized a requirements workshop where PID and parson developed a prioritized content plan and a rough topic structure for the documentation release in May 2023.
- Write English technical documentation for manage.ID in DITA-XML
- Integrate screenshots as SUI graphics
- Develop a diagram of the system architecture
- Manage terminology and create a documentation style guide
- Organize review cycles with PID’s subject matter experts and integrate review results into the documentation. In the initial project phase, parson organized several review cycles with smaller pieces of contents to align writing style and terminology as well as to facilitate ramp-up.
- Deliver the documentation output as oXygen WebHelp and PDF
- Set up Oxygen framework and DITA document structure in a documentation repository
- Configure the layout of Oxygen WebHelp to match the corporate identity of PID
After the tradeshow, PID will further develop manage.ID and implement new functions. PID plans to involve the established parson team to document these functions and extend the online help.
About POSSEHL Identification Solutions
POSSEHL Identification Solutions (PID) is part of the internationally active POSSEHL Group based in Lübeck, Germany. Today the POSSEHL Group comprises more than 200 companies in more than 30 countries. Currently POSSEHL has around 13,000 employees worldwide. PID bundles the activities of the Possehl group in the area of Print & Apply solutions and labelling systems