XML solutions for you
Adapt your technical documentation to the digital age. With XML, you can create modular, reusable documentation that can be published in a variety of formats. You can work with an established standard such as DITA or DocBook or your own XML schema – we develop solutions that precisely meet your requirements.
This includes customizing XML document type definitions as well as XSL transformations that allow you to generate publication formats such as PDF, HTML or webhelp. Benefit from our in-depth knowledge of XML and our vast experience with DITA, DocBook & Co.
- We customize XML document type definitions (RELAX NG, schema and DTD) to meet the needs of your organization.
- We develop company-specific frameworks for working with XML editors such as Oxygen XML Author and Adobe FrameMaker.
- We develop plug-ins for the DITA Open Toolkit to create publications in your company layout, e.g. in PDF or as webhelp.
- We develop plug-ins for creating iiRDS packages.
- We program XSL scripts for the transformation of XML data and the migration of legacy content to XML.
You want to start immediately? Use our service package parson Smart Content!
Make migration easy
We help you with migration and take over editorial work so that you can be up and running quickly in the new environment.
- We program scripts for conversion of existing content and legacy data into XML formats, e.g. for Word, LaTeX, and FrameMaker.
- We support you with restructuring existing documentation: away from big documents to smaller topics.
- We analyze the existing documentation for reuse potential so that content can be used efficiently in XML authoring environments.
- We develop and apply the metadata classification in your XML authoring environment, for filtering and content delivery.
Create linked information
Whether a help portal or a service application: intelligently linking knowledge and data from different areas of the company and making them easily accessible is becoming more and more important in technical communication.
Semantic technologies make this possible: ontologies enable modeling of complex knowledge on products, target groups and types of information. Ontologies from different domains can be linked, so that you can combine documentation metadata with product or service information.
Your advantage: you can provide targeted information and users find their information quickly and easily. Intelligent content delivery thus creates extra value for your product.
- We develop knowledge models for your technical documentation, your product data, and other domains.
- We develop taxonomies and ontologies for you, also in RDFS and OWL.
- We link ontologies from different domains.
Do you want to adopt the new standard iiRDS for smart content delivery?
We develop an iiRDS metadata concept with you and support you in implementing iiRDS-compliant content delivery:
- From your CMS
- Based on open information architectures such as DITA
- From existing documents in PDF and other formats
You can rely on our knowledge and experience with iiRDS. From the very beginning, parson has played a leading role in developing the standard and is a member of the iiRDS Steering Committee.
Developers love it
Create developer documentation quickly and easily, and publish directly to online platforms. Markdown is the markup language of choice for this.
We support your developers in creating technical documentation parallel to the software without much effort. So they can fully concentrate on their development tasks.
- We create templates for developer documentation in Markdown.
- We develop a suitable documentation infrastructure that fits your development tools, following the docs-as-code approach.
- We support you in integrating documentation tools into commonly used development environments.
Our tools: GitHub, GitLab, Atlassian product family, Jekyll, ReSpec, Eclipse, and others.
Structure for team work
Wikis help you develop and publish knowledge as a team. They can also be used for technical documentation.
A wiki needs a solid structure, templates and metadata to prevent information from becoming chaotic. This ensures that your users quickly find the information they need. Together with you, we create exactly the wiki that suits your needs.
- We develop templates and forms for you to collect content and metadata in the wiki in a structured manner.
- We develop query scripts to clearly present and summarize content.
- We create navigation concepts to help users intuitively navigate the wiki.
Our tools: MediaWiki, Semantic MediaWiki, Confluence