The individualized, interconnected products in Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things call for technical information that is exactly right for the use case. This requires smart content to be delivered with the products.
Smart content (aka intelligent information) is modular and enriched with metadata: This allows content modules to be retrieved individually and reused in multiple applications such as service applications and web portals. tekom has initiated the development of a standard for the delivery of intelligent information called iiRDS: Since the beginning, we have played a leading role in the development of this standard.
- We analyze and document your strategic requirements for the delivery of digital usage information.
- We advise you vendor-neutral and system-neutral in the selection of a suitable content delivery system for you and accompany you during the introduction.
- We develop a suitable metadata model, if required including iiRDS support.
- We migrate your existing documentation.
- We train and support your technical communication team and develop or revise editorial guidelines.
Information and component content management systems help you structure information, reuse content, and manage variants.
Managing the introduction of a component content management system (CCMS) with an expert offers you many benefits, from choosing and implementing a suitable system to migrating existing documents. We guide you during the entire process:
- We analyze and document your requirements for the generation, management and delivery of the information for use.
- We advise you vendor-neutral and system-neutral in the selection of a suitable CCMS and accompany you during the introduction.
- We standardize and modularize your documentation content and implement variant management. We also migrate your existing documentation.
- We train and support your technical communication team, and develop or revise editorial guidelines.
For smart content
The transition from documents to smart content requires new information models. Technical documentation content is split into modules and enriched with metadata so that we can deliver the modules separately to different media and devices.
We help you transform your content into smart content. For that we develop modern information architectures.
- We analyze your legacy content for potential modularization and reuse.
- We develop standardized information structures for topics and fragments.
- We develop a metadata model for technical documentation and link the model to other metadata such as product ontologies.
- We migrate your legacy content to the new information architecture.
- We train and support your technical communication team and create and edit editorial style guides.
Let the documentation talk
Conversational User Assistance is advancing. Chatbots and other digital assistants directly answer user questions and deliver information about products and services.
Technical documentation content can be reused for chatbots - especially when this content is already structured and enriched with metadata as well as written in a task- and user-oriented way.
We help you make your documentation content reusable for digital assistants.
- We analyze if the structure and style of your content is suitable for chatbots.
- We analyze and document your requirements for the delivery of documentation content via a digital assistant.
- We advise you vendor-neutral and system-neutral in the selection of a suitable chatbot framework.
- Together with you, we define the user guidance in the assistant.
- We help you prepare and implement the content for the digital assistant.
Flexible and user-oriented
Agile methods such as Scrum offer many advantages for software engineers: a strong focus on the user, high flexibility, and transparency. Documentation processes can also benefit from an agile way of working.
Technical communicators need to be integrated into agile projects and teams, along with the software engineers. In this way, a user-oriented technical documentation can be developed in parallel to the software features.
We help you to establish agile documentation processes and develop a suitable information architecture. Take advantage of our many years of experience in software documentation and our knowledge of development tools and process models such as Scrum.
The knowledge of the team
Wikis are well suitable for teamwork. Therefore they can also be useful for writing and editing technical documentation.
Team members can work on content across departments and across geographies, commenting on it with users and customers. Editing content is as easy as accessing published content.
We support you in the selection of a suitable wiki and in content preparation. Then you can use a wiki that is always up-to-date and easily accessible for the users of your technical documentation.
- We analyze and document your requirements.
- We advise you vendor-neutral in the selection of a wiki software and accompany the introduction.
- We develop content structures, navigation structures and metadata.
- We develop templates and query scripts.
- We create the initial content in your wiki.